Health Benefits of Ginger
- Most frequently used to aid digestion, ginger is believed to increase saliva and other digestive fluids, alleviating indigestion and associated problems such as flatulence.
- It is known to relieve nausea and morning sickness. If you take ginger for morning sickness, use it for no longer than four days.
- Ginger is recommended to those who suffer from motion sickness. You can buy ginger tablets from your pharmacist or try drinking a cup of ginger tea before your journey.
- Ginger is believed to have anti-inflammatory qualities that may relieve swelling and pain.
- As a tea it is said to ease headaches and sore throats or assist if you have a cold or flu.
Fresh ginger is used for asthma, coughs, colic, heart palpitations, swellings, dyspepsia, loss of appetite and rheumatism, while the dried root is used to “strengthen” the stomach